Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Would it kill DC to institute a ratings system?

I really wish that DC would start rating their comics.  In the past few years of comics reading, I've run into: a hero having his arm ripped off and eaten, Dr. Light raping Sue Dibny, Dr. Light's disgusting conversations about his favorite retconned hobby (rape), another hero having a limb torn off, Wonder Twins expies being attacked and eaten by a demonic Wonder Dog . . .  And that's just off the top of my head.  I'm sure I'm leaving out plenty more.

I am not a fan of censorship, but it isn't censorship to give a comic a content rating (just like it isn't censorship to rate a movie R).  And I really wish they'd give some sort of warning about adult content.  If nothing else, so I know whether it's safe to eat anything while reading a comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment